Home » Scholarships
Category Archives: Scholarships
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P O Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 773 181662
CALL FOR MASTERS FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS
Supporting Young Talented Female Scientists to Become Future Leaders
CLOSING DATE: June 4 2018
The World Bank is partnering with eight Governments in Eastern and Southern Africa in an innovative project with the aim of improving the quality of training and research in higher education, and reducing the skill gaps in key development priority areas. The Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence (ACE II) Project supports the governments of Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia in strengthening selected African Centers of Excellence (ACEs) to deliver quality post-graduate education and build collaborative research capacity
in the following priority areas: (i) Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics. The ACE II Project implements three components, namely (i) strengthening the 24 higher
education institutions into regional ACEs in Eastern and Southern Africa in a set of defined regional priority areas (US$ 140 million); (ii) providing capacity building support to these ACEs through regional activities (US$3 million); and (iii) supporting coordination and management of the implementation of components (i) and (ii) (US$5 million).
As Regional Facilitation Unit (RFU) for the ACE II Project, the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) leads the implementation of key elements of Component 2 of the project, aimed at building strong and sustainable regional partnerships and collaborations to produce competent Masters and PhD holders for the regional market and improve quality of teaching in higher education and quality of production and services in public and private sectors. To encourage the participation of young African
female students at postgraduate level, IUCEA wishes to implement a Fellowships Program aimed at providing competitive Masters Scholarships to academically deserving future talents to promote regional female student mobility. Eligible female applicants who can demonstrate interest and ability in the priority areas are encouraged to apply for the 30 Fellowships available for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The general public is hereby informed that the 2018/2019 Chinese Government Scholarship is now open for application. Online application and corresponding application documents should be submitted to application receiving agency not later than April 1st, 2018. For more information, please refer to http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org
To be eligible, applicants must
- Be citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for master’s programs;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- Be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
- Certified highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with certified Chinese or English translations;
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with certified Chinese or English translations;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates);
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors;
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works;
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China; and
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyiinchina. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a scaled photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
Please submit the following documents where applicable
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities; and
- Language qualification certificate. E.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.
INSTRUCTION FOR ONLINE APPLICATION OF THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION SYSTEM
Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
Step 3: Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choice of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.
Your ‘Program Category’ is: Type A and Agency Number is: 8341. Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
Step 6: Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application. The submitted documents will be the only reference for the applied universities to confirm the admission.
Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
Step 8: You can download and print the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form.
Step 9: Send the paper application form and other supporting documents to the dispatching authorities if they require you to do so.
Please note that only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.
Kindly submit your application to the undersigned not later than 1st April, 2018
Tanzania Commission for Universities,
Mlimani Tower, Sam Nujoma Road,Opposite Mliman City,
P. o Box 6562, Dar es Salaam-Tanzania.
Tanzania Students Networking Program is happy to announce to all Secondary, diploma and ongoing university students that, on 22- January 2018; TSNP signed an agreement of co-operation with Mr. Samuel Chatelle, study overseas agent from China through its International Relations and External Relations Department (IAER). This co-operation is expected to open doors for all Eligible Tanzanian Students to further their Higher Level Education in China at all levels, both graduates and undergraduates; as well as foundation courses.
GoldKitty is a Chinese agent with links to more than 50 Chinese Universities and Colleges; with more than 100 Course offerings for you to choose from, making sure you study what you love!
With this form, you are welcome to express an interest to study in China by responding to few prompts. TSNP will then communicate with the agent and verify on the possibility of getting a full or partial scholarship on your field of study.
In as much as we strongly recommend Tanzanian students to take advantage of this opportunity; we notify the public that TSNP only stands as a middleman to protect the interests of both the students and the agent. Due to this, eligible students may be required to incur both DHL and Agents fees as per an agreeable negotiation between the student and agent; for every scholarship secured.
After filling this form, The director of Foreign Affairs and International relations will get back to you within 5 hours or less, it is strongly advised that you provide an active email address
Kwa taarifa zaidi wasiliana na:
*Moses E Katala,*
Director of Foreign Affairs and International Relations, TSNP*