Home » Matangazo
Category Archives: Matangazo
Title: Primary School Teacher
Organization: Prestige Primary School
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Duration: Two years contract with possible extension upon satisfactory performance.
Prestige Primary School is located in Bunju Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and currently wants to recruit primary school teachers.
Purpose of Position
1 To teach, mentor and coach primary school pupils.
2 Manage the class, as class teacher.
3 Participate with other teachers in maintaining overall school performance, reputation and growth.
o Teach children in different classes in accordance with NECTA and Waldolf school curriculum.
o Liaise with parents/guardians.
o Lead subordinates.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
The school manager/director.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Teach primary school classes, as assigned and work in consultation with the head of primary in the development and fulfillment of curriculum goals of the school syllabus and the nation, while using prescribed syllabus for each subject.
2. Responsible for overall supervision and welfare of the class as well as daily tuition for pupils.
3. Assist by covering for absent teachers when required by the head of primary.
4. Attend meetings and contribute to pupils’ assessments.
5. Write pupils reports and assessments.
6. Keep, update and maintain class attendance registers.
7. Prepare schemes, lesson plan, lesson notes, and class journals for each subject.
8. Participate in regular appraisal conducted by head of training and other designated persons.
9. Take charge of any situation (by solving and finding remedies even if not on duty i.e. collective responsibility) for the smooth running of the school.
10. Participate in co-curriculum activities.
11. Act professionally towards all pupils’ i.e. decent language and proper dressing code.
12. Prepare teaching aids, handouts and manuals for planned and approved lessons; make use of effective teaching methods.
13. Carry out theoretical and practical teaching activities as per approved plan; make use of effective teaching methods.
14. Pay attention to show learners and provide them with additional assistance to improve.
15. Ensure that school properties are well looked after by all concerned.
16. Spend quality time with her/his class to advice, guide and counsel pupils on what the school, parents, community and nation as a whole expect of them.
17. Respond to advice from primary head, and support him or her.
18. Maintenance of the teacher-parent consultative workbook.
19. Ensures class cleanness, discipline and teamwork.
20. Take lead in ensuring that children learn on the use of internet and computers.
21. Carry out any other duties as the head may assign.
Qualifications and Experience
o B.Sc. or Diploma in Early Childhood Development.
o Three years work experience in teaching primary school, English medium.
o Fluency in English language.
o Excellent experience in curriculum development and implementation.
o Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and in particular barriers to learning.
o Computer literacy especially Microsoft excel.
How to apply
APPLY ONLINE THROUGH Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SCHOLARSHIPS TENABLE IN INDIA FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR
The Ministry is in respect of information from the Embassy of Republic of
Tanzania in India about the availability of scholarship seats for the Tanzanian,
tenable at A.P. Goyal Shimla University for the Academic Year 2018/2019.
1.0 Call for Application
Applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fulfill 50 Full and 100 half
Scholarships for Doctorate, Masters and Bachelor Degrees
tenable at A.P. Goyal Shimla University for the academic year 2018/2019.
Kwa habari zaidi bofya kiunganishi hiki >>>>> Vigezo vya Udhamini
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR ACADEMIC, RESEARCH & CONSULTANCY
OFFICE OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL 2017 GRADUANDS
The Directorate of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education wishes to inform you that transcript for all 2017 graduates will start to be issued from Monday, 22nd January, 2018
You are therefore required to visit the University website and download Transcript/Certificate Request Form (UDOM/GS.F20)for further procedures.
- Each transcript costs Tshs. 15,000/= and Tshs. 20,000/= for additional copy (Certified Copy of Original) if needed.
- All payments should be made through account name, UDOM Consultancy and Special Programmes; Account number: 01J1082491700, CRDB Bank UDOM Branch.
Transcripts will be collected at the Directorate of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education – Examination Unit (Office No. 136) from 1330HRS to 1600HRS on working daysonly.
NB: Make sure you have all the required attachments as indicated on UDOM/GS.F20.